*me going to try continuing with the teaser thing from last week. so far i have not really decided on how the story would go. just going to come up with random stuff and see how they piece together.
so here's a prologue.
prologue
~~~
Seeing those wet cheeks on a sleeping face,
That is something that should not be seen.
Quickly, but slowly my heart starts to race,
all I want is a shoulder to lean.
"Failed again?" Tatsu asked, with a curious look on his face.
"Yes, and it's the third time this week too." Rin said, with her face in her hands.
"It's okay Rin, don't give up. Just try applying somewhere else." Tatsu said, putting his hand on Rin's shoulder for comfort. "There's plenty of places to work at."
"I have already been through ten interviews. But no one seems interested in hiring someone who didn't graduate from Todai." Rin said, she then sigh, "I guess it's not enough just to get a college degree these days."
Tatsu let out a sigh and took a sip of his cafe Americano and focus his attention on the untouched Cafe Latte in front of Rin. It was 4pm on a sunny Wednesday afternoon in August. Rin on the other hand, stared off to a place far from a local coffee shop in the Ginza district. This coffee shop was one of it's kind, where the owner grew and brew his own coffee beans. The opening times were awkward as well, the owner would only work from 7am to 2pm and only from Mondays to Friday. Beside the table that Tatsu and Rin sat at, there was one other table that was situated outside the small coffee shop decorated with a small bouquet of flowers sitting in the middle of the table.
"I'm really desperate this month too, I'm running out of money and if I asked my parents, I would get sent back to Chiba City." Rin said, the dark circles underneath her eyes just got darker, thinking about the bills she would have to pay for the month.
"Well, I have a suggestion, but, I'm not sure if you'll agree to it." Tatsu said, there was seriousness in his tone.
"What? Really? You are going to find me a job? Is it high paying?" Rin said excited, the circles underneath her eyes got lighter and her eyes lite up.
"Yes, one of my friends is in need of an employee. The job is also high paying, but it is not....how should I phase this? It is not something "suitable" for everyone" Tatsu said, there was a hint of sadness in his voice.
"I don't know if I'm suitable or not. But I'll try my best!" Rin said, as she reached out across the table to hold on to Tatsu's hands.
Tatsu blushed as Rin held his hands and he lowered his head a bit.
"It's best if you use this as a last option. Like if you really can't find a job by the end of this week." Tatsu mumbled.
"No! I'll take the job! I'm desperately in need of a job right now. So can you introduce me to this friend of your's?" Rin said, still holding on to Tatsu's hands.
"I don't know, if you should try for this job anymore." Tatsu muttered, not looking at Rin's eyes.
"What? Why? Is the job really hard and tiring? I don't mind, as long as I get paid." Rin said, tightening her grip on Tatsu's hands.
"It's because, the job requires working at night until early in the morning. It's tiring too." Tatsu said, trying to pull his hands away from Rin's iron grip, but at the same time he wanted Rin to hold on to them forever.
"I don't mind that! I'm jobless right now anyways. So what kind of job is it?" Rin said, her eyes entirely focused on Tatsu's face.
"My friend runs a hostess club and he's in need of a new hostess." Tatsu said, looking at Rin straight in the eye.
Rin loosen her grip and Tatsu quickly pulled his hands away and started massaging his red and swollen hands.
Rin lost all the exitement she had before and stared at her cup of cafe latte, not believing what Tatsu just said.
"Ummm, Rin? Are you okay?" Tatsu said, trying to figure out how Rin was taking it.
"What? Oh, um, you know what?" Rin said, pushing her chestnut brown hair back. "I think I'll try for this job.
"What? Are you serious? Why? It's not a job a girl like you should be doing." Tatsu said, jumping up and accidently spilling his cafe Americano on his pants.
"I thought about it briefly, and I really need money right now. So maybe I should try for this job. And work there until I find another one." Rin said looking up at the shocked Tatsu. "Besides, it's not like I'll get hired. I don't think I have the face or a body of a hostess."
Tatsu ignored the spilled coffee on his pants and sat back down. Taking in every word Rin just said.
He then said, "Yes, you're right. Besides, it's only temporary."
"So? Can you introduce me to this friend of yours then?" Rin asked.
"Sure, We can go there right now. It's close by here and he should be there setting up right now." Tatsu said as he and Rin got up and started heading for the hostess club.
~~
They walked for about 30 minutes as Tatsu lead Rin through the maze of clothing boutiques, resturants, and bars. They finally stopped in front of a rather tall building with two floors. On the top of the entrance was a enormous LED sign saying "Star Shine". Star Shine stood out from it's neighboring small bars and sushi resturants. The outside of the building was built entirely out of tinted glass and looking through the entrance there was a long staircase leading up to the second floor.
Tatsu and Rin made their way up the red-carpeted staircase and up to a small bar-like area with about twenty tables of various sizes and shapes. Behind the bar table was a tall, dark-haired man in his late twenties.
"Hey!" Tatsu shout out to the man behind the bar table.
The man looked up and smiled, as he made his way towards Tatsu.
"Hey to you too! It's been so long since we last saw each other." the man said, pulling Tatsu into a bear hug.
"Yeah, I know. Hey listen, I heard you needed a new hostess?" Tatsu said as he pulled away form the man's bear hug.
"Yes, I did." the man replied, then he turned towards Rin. "And would this lady be my new hostess?"
"Well, if you are planning to hire her." Tatsu said.
"You're hired then. Can you start today?" the man said.
"Um, well, I, YES!" Rin said, not knowing what to say. The shock of being hired right on the spot made her speechless.
"Well the, welcome to Star Shine and I'll be your manager. My name is Yamanoto Akito." Akito said, stretching his hand out.
"I'm Sakuna Rin. Please take good care of me." Rin said, shaking Akito's outstretched hand.
~~~~~~
end.
*so...this is what i have came up with. kekeke...so how does this lead to the teaser part from before? hahaa...even i don't know yet.
oooh..this sounds so interesting.. i can't wait for the next chapter.. the story seems to be more 'connected' a bit.. lol.. i wonder how u plan on linking up the story with the teaser.. werent the original plans for akito to be the tutor or sth.. lol? i feel inspired to try creating a manga for this story.. fufufu... if only i can get around to it..lol.. keep up the good work.. hope to see next chapter soon~
ReplyDelete